PAAL 2023 Conference
PALL 2023 Conference site:
PAAL (Pan-Pacific Association of Applied Linguistics) would like to invite you to its 27th International Conference due to be held on August 17 (Thu) and August 18 (Fri), 2023, hosted by Bunkyo University, Japan. Please join the conference and share your knowledge and experience with other researchers and practitioners on this occasion.
The 27th PAAL International Conference:
Dates: August 17 (Thu) and August 18 (Fri), 2023
Venue: AITADE Hall, Tokyo Adachi Campus, Bunkyo University (Address: 5-6-1 Hanahata, Adachi-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN )
・13 minute-walk from Yatsuka station (Tobu Skytree Line)
・20 minute-bus ride from Takenotsuka station (Tobu Skytree Line)
・15 minute-bus ride from Rokucho station (Tsukuba Express Line)
Access to the campus: https://www.bunkyo.ac.jp/access/adachi/
How to get to the conference site: Please make use of GPS or this map.
Opportunities and Challenges for Language Teaching and Learning in the Era of Emerging Technologies
Professor of Computer Science Course,
Department of Informatics, Shonan Institute of Technology
Keynote Title: Learning Analysis of English and Programming Languages
Program – Timetable_PAAL2023_A4.pdf (Aug, 13th)
Deadline for abstract submission: June 10th, 2023 Notification of acceptance: June 15, 2023 Deadline for early-bird registration: July 15, 2023 Deadline for proceedings submission: July 31, 2023 Deadline for regular registration: July 31, 2023
- Oral Presentation—20 minutes for presentation and 10 minutes for Q & A.
- Graduate Student Oral Presentation—20 minutes for presentation and 10 minutes for Q & A. Those who have applied for this presentation type will automatically be considered to be candidates for Best Graduate Student Presentation Award. The winner will be presented with the award on the final day of the conference.
- Poster Presentation— 45 minutes for Q & A
Proposal Submission: by May 31, 2023
- We are seeking abstracts of proposals that cover, but are not limited to, the following topics:
Second Language Acquisition, TESOL, Language and Culture, Pedagogy (Language/Literature), Theoretical Linguistics, Text Analysis, e-learning/CALL, Psycholinguistics/Neurolinguistics, Language Testing, Sociolinguistics, Language Policy and Planning, World Englishes/ELF, Phonetics/Phonology, Motivation and Strategies, Applied Linguistics and Technology
- All presenters, including co-presenters, are required to be PAAL members before and on the registration date, which is July 31, 2023. If you are a regular PAAL member, please ensure that your 2023 annual membership is paid before the registration deadline.
- Please submit an abstract of your proposal (200 words or less) using the following abstract template by June 10, 2023 at https://forms.gle/q7DQyqwQmj2SY2yf6
- Abstract template:27th_PAAL_abstract_template.doc
- It will be double-blindly peer-reviewed and, if accepted, be published in the Proceedings of the 27th Pan-Pacific Association of Applied Linguistics International Conference.
Proceedings Submission: by July 31st, 2023
- Please send your manuscript to: paalconference[at]gmail.com
- Proceedings Template: PAAL_Proc_Template_2023_ver3.doc
PAAL 2023 Conference Registration site: https://forms.gle/mQbpYb9qXSjKHyK68
Conference Fee Before July 15th Regular Member: JPY 10,000 (USD 100) Student Member: JPY 5,000 (USD 50) Non-member: JPY 15,000 (USD 150)
Conference Fee After July 15th, 2023 (JST）
- Regular Member: JPY 12,000（USD 120)
- Student Member: JPY 7,000（USD 70)
- Non-Member: JPY 20,000（USD 200）
The receipts for your annual membership fee and conference will be issued to you on-site as hard copies.
If you have inquiries regarding the submission of proposals and other matters, please send an email to